Creamy Bacon Potato Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Chop bacon into small pieces and place in a large, heavy pot. Cook bacon until crisp, then with a slotted spoon remove bacon and set aside.
2. Pour all but about ¼ cup of grease out of pan and discard. In remaining grease, sauté onions and celery over medium heat until soft. Add cubed potato and stir to coat. Add broth, celery seed, garlic and parsley, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender, then reduce heat to low.
3. With an immersion blender or potato masher, mash about half of the potatoes. Stir bacon into soup.
4. In a small pan, melt the butter then whisk in flour and cook over medium heat until smooth. Slowly add cream to butter mixture and continue whisking until thickened. Stir into potato mixture.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.