Balsamic Chicken with Caramelized Onions
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Basil Leaves
- Sauer's Garlic Salt
- Sauer's Peppermill Grind Black Pepper
1. In a medium skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat, covered, until very soft and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add a few teaspoons of water as needed to prevent over-browning.
3. Remove onions from skillet and set aside. Add remaining olive oil to pan and increase heat to medium-high.
4. Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper, then add to hot oil and brown on all sides.
5. Add onions back to pan along with remaining ingredients.
6. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done, about 15-20 minutes.