Banana-Chocolate Cake Squares
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2½ cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp.baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups mashed peeled banana
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sifted cocoa
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup low-fat unflavored yogurt
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature, or 2½ tsp. Sauer's Egg White Magic dissolved in 3 oz. of water
- Sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small medium bowl, sift together the first 4 ingredients.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except confectioners’ sugar.
4. Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
5. Spoon batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool completely in pan. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.