Biscuits with Creamy Mesquite-Bacon Jam
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour chilling
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 6-8 Duke’s Mayonnaise drop biscuits
- 1 cup bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red apples, chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Mesquite Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Duke’s Mayonnaise
1. In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add oil and onions; cook for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
2. Add apples, sugar, honey, and mesquite; reduce liquid by half.
3. Fold in bacon and chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
4. Once mixture is completely cool, fold the mayonnaise gently and serve immediately.