Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Sauer’s Hamburger Grill Seasoning
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz. blue cheese
- 6-8 buns
1. Combine first 3 ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When onions are softened, stir in the sugar and vinegar, increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking for about 15 more minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are brown and caramelized. If they begin to stick to the pan, add a spoonful of water and continue stirring until the water has evaporated.
4. Form beef mixture into 6 to 8 patties then grill or pan-fry to desired doneness.
5. Serve burgers topped with blue cheese and caramelized onions on toasted or grilled buns.