Brunch Crab Imperial
- 8 eggs
- Simmering water as needed
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 English muffins, slit in half, buttered, and toasted
- 16 steamed fresh asparagus spears, woody stems removed
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 (2 oz.) portions Crab Imperial filling
- 1 prepared recipe Sauer's Hollandaise Sauce Mix
- Sauer's Paprika for garnish
1. For the Crab Imperial filling, pick over crab meat removing any shell or cartilage.
2. In a medium heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add carrots, celery, parsley, and nutmeg.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. Add pepper and salt, mixing well.
4. Stir in heavy cream; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add crab meat, mixing gently.
1. In a large heavy skillet or saucepan, poach eggs in simmering water and vinegar over medium heat to desired doneness, about 3 minutes.
2. Pan-fry Canadian bacon in a lightly greased medium heavy skillet about 1 minute per side.
3. Arrange a slice of Canadian bacon on each toasted English muffin half.
3. Spoon Crab Imperial over bacon, dividing evenly.
4. Top each with a poached egg and then with hollandaise sauce.
5. Sprinkle each lightly with paprika and serve immediately.