Citrus Angel Food Cake
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ravishing Raspberry Sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine Sauer’s Egg White Magic and water. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until dissolved and foamy.
3. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks are formed.
4. Gradually beat in the remaining ¾ cup sugar, beating until stiff, but not dry, peaks are formed. Beat in lemon and orange extracts.
5. Gently fold in flour mixture in three separate additions. Do not overmix.
6. Spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom.
7. Bake in the lower third of a preheated moderate oven (350°F) for 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when touched lightly.
8. Invert the pan, placing the opening over the neck of a bottle to suspend it.
9. Allow the cake to cool completely, about 1½ hours.
10. To remove from pan, run a spatula or knife around the tube and under the bottom of the cake to free it. Invert onto a serving plate.
If desired, serve with Ravishing Raspberry Sauce.
1. Combine combine raspberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; cover and blend at medium speed until mixture is pursed. Strain.
2. Combine sugar and corn starch in a small heavy saucepan; add fruit puree, mixing until smooth.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking, stirring, until thickened.
4. Cool and refrigerate.