Elite Epicurean’s Fresh Ham
- 1 (10 lb.) fresh ham, see note
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- Salt to taste
- Sauer's Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Sauer's Ground Oregano to taste
- Sauer's Rosemary Leaves to taste
- Sauer's Ground Thyme to taste
- Sauer's Garlic Powder to taste
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Sauer's Instant Parsley Flakes as desired for garnish
- Red candied or Maraschino cherries, drained, as desired for garnish
- 1 (12 oz.) jar apricot preserves
- 4 heaping tsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp. English-style prepared mustard
1. Place all ingredients in a blender container. Cover and whiz until smooth.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. With a sharp knife, make small slits in the surface of the ham; insert a garlic sliver into each slit.
3. Sprinkle ham liberally with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder.
4. Arrange ham on a rack in a roasting pan atop mixture of celery, carrots, and onions.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 3 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the ham away from bone and fat registers 155°F (see note).
6. To serve, slice and arrange ham on a serving platter.
7. Pour sauce over ham, or pass in a sauceboat. Garnish ham with parsley flakes and red candied cherries, or drained Maraschino cherries.