Garlic Herb Chicken Pizza with Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- ½ lb. thinly sliced chicken breast strips
- 1 premade pizza crust
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese (or try a mixture of asiago, fontina, provolone, and mozzarella)
- 1 (10 oz.) package fresh baby spinach, torn or roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Oregano Leaves
- Olive oil
- Sauer's Garlic Herb Salt Grinder to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Baste chicken with olive oil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and grill on high heat (or, if you are cooking indoors, use a broiler or grill pan). Turn once to cook evenly on both sides. Set aside; cover and keep warm over very low heat.
3. Roll out pizza crust and grind 1 teaspoon garlic herb grinder onto both sides of the pizza crust.
4. Place crust on pizza pan lightly greased with olive oil.
5. Spread sauce, sprinkle on cheeses. Rip spinach and spread evenly across. Sprinkle oregano and place the strips of cooked chicken on top. Cover with remaining cheese and grind garlic herb grinder over the top.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Note: pizza can be baked on a pizza stone in a gas grill. This is an excellent method of baking during summer when you don’t want to overheat the kitchen. Any bread or pizza dough can be substituted for premade pizza crust when you have the time to bake from scratch.