Grandmother’s Beef Stew
- 2½-3 lbs. beef chuck or other stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ tsp. salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Black Pepper
- 4 medium (2½ cups) potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 medium (2 cups) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Sauer's Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp. Sauer's Parsley Flakes
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Dill Seed
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Celery Seed
1. On a sheet of wax paper, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge meat cubes in flour mixture, coating each piece lightly.
2. Place meat in a slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion to cooker.
3. In a 1-cup measure, combine boiling water and beef bouillon. Add mixture to cooker with remaining ingredients; stir to mix well.
4. Cover and cook at low setting for 10-12 hours or at high setting for 4-6 hours. Stir stew thoroughly and remove bay leaf before serving.