Grilled Texas Toast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter, cheese, parsley, and garlic, blending well.
2. Evenly brush both sides of bread slices with butter mixture,
3. Arrange bread slices on a grill rack, 8-10 inches above medium-hot coals (ash gray and glowing).
4. Grill for 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly toasted on both sides of bread slices. Or, arrange buttered bread slices on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil, about 6-8 inches from heat source, until bread slices are lightly toasted, about 1½ minutes per side.
5. Watch toast carefully so that it does not burn.