Indian Chicken with Cashews
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 3 lbs. skinless chicken legs and thighs
- 1 Tbsp. Sauer's Curry Powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sauer's Whole Fennel Seeds
- ⅔ cup whole cashews
- 1½ cups water, plus more if needed
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a food processor or blender, combine onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Blend until finely minced and uniform in appearance.
2. Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in oil, then remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add tomato mixture to pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add curry powder, salt and fennel seeds, stirring to combine.
5. Add water to pan and place chicken carefully into pan, turning to coat in sauce. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, turning at least once during cooking.
6. Add cashews during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
7. Add water as needed if sauce becomes too thick.
8. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro before serving. Serve with rice.