- ½ medium cabbage, cored and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 (1 lb.) package medium-spiced Italian-style sausage
- Water as needed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, crushed
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Rubbed Sage
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Rosemary Leaves
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Basil Leaves
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Marjoram Leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained
1. Place cabbage and sausage in a medium heavy saucepan; cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
3. Turn heat off. Remove sausages with a slotted spoon and place in a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; add olive oil. Sauté sausages over medium heat until evenly browned.
4. Add garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes, sage, rosemary, basil, marjoram, salt, and pepper simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Place warm cabbage wedges on each plate; spoon beans and sausage adjacent to the cabbage wedges on each plate.