Maple Spice Cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Maple Flavor
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in butter and beat on low for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add in the sugars and beat on medium until well combined. This will take about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and maple flavor and beat on high until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides.
5. Add in the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix on medium until just combined.
6. Scoop the dough with a small cookie scoop, forming into roughly 1½” balls. Place the cookie dough balls on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking them.
8. Place cookie dough on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until they are done.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.