Maple Walnut Divinity
- ½ cup water
- 2⅔ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Maple Flavor
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Combine water, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir while cooking over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Clip a candy thermometer onto saucepan and continue to cook syrup until it reaches 260°F (hard ball stage).
3. While syrup is cooking, beat 2 egg whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl.
4. Once syrup reaches the correct temperature, remove from heat and very carefully and slowly pour into eggs whites while beating.
5. Add flavor and continue beating until mixture is stiff. Mix in nuts.
6. Using buttered spoons, drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let sit overnight, then place in an airtight container.