Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- ½ cup sifted flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Sauer’s Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. oil
1. Sift together the first 5 ingredients; set aside.
2. In a small heavy saucepan, scald milk over moderate heat; add oats, remove from heat, and allow to stand 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oat mixture with dry ingredients, egg whites, and oil, stirring just until mixed.
4. For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter onto a hot greased griddle, skillet, or electric fry pan. Cook over medium (350-375°F) heat, turning pancakes when tops are puffed, bubbles form, and bottom edges are browned.
5. Repeat process until all batter is used.