Oven French Toast with Cinnamon Pecan Syrup
Cinnamon Pecan Syrup
- 1 cup pancake-waffle syrup
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Cinnamon Extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to hot (400°F).
2. Place margarine in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Place pan in the oven for a few minutes until margarine is melted.
3. Remove pan from oven; tilt pan so that margarine covers the bottom.
4. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon sugar, and vanilla; pour into a dish or pan large enough to hold the bread.
5. Place bread in the egg mixture; turn slices to coat evenly. Soak bread until all the liquid is absorbed; place bread slices in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 12 minutes; turn bread slices and bake for an additional 12 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve with cinnamon pecan syrup.
1. Combine syrup and cinnamon extract together in a small heavy saucepan; stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, stir in pecans.