Pumpkin and Spice Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup margarine or butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Butter Flavor
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Pure Orange Extract
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup canned or cooked fresh pumpkin
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1½ tsp. Sauer's Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add butter flavor, orange extract, and vanilla extract, mixing well. Stir in pumpkin and sour cream. Batter will have curdled appearance.
4. Stir in dry ingredients just until mixed.
5. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients, mixing well.
6. Spread half of the batter into a 10-inch tube pan with a removable bottom; sprinkle with half of the topping. Spread remaining batter over the topping in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove outer ring of pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.