Quick Black Bean Soup
- ½ cup chopped peeled onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans (include liquid)
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Whole Oregano, crushed
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Sauer's Peppermill Grind Black Pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- Chopped peeled hard cooked egg for garnish
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, sauté onion and celery in margarine over medium heat until tender; add garlic and saute 1 minute.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, except sherry and hard cooked egg; simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Puree in batches in a food processor or blender.
4. Return mixture to saucepan; add sherry and simmer over low heat for several minutes.
5. Garnish each serving with chopped hard cooked egg.