Quick and Easy Bean Sausage Soup
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped peeled onion
- 3 Tbsp. hot oil
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans beef broth, undiluted and divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Sauer's Parsley Flakes
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Basil Leaves
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Thyme Leaves
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Celery Seed
- 1 (14 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained
- ½ cup uncooked broken spaghetti pieces
- 1 Sauer's Bay Leaf
- 8 oz. Kielbasa Polish sausage, thinly sliced
1. In a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté garlic and onion in oil until tender.
2. Add 1 can of beef broth, pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil, thyme and celery seeds. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and process until mixture ix pureed.
4. Return to saucepan; add Great Northern beans, remaining can of beef broth, spaghetti and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the sausage; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf before serving.