Raisin Spice Scones
- 2½ cups sifted flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Butter Flavor
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional Sauer's Pumpkin Pie Spice and sugar for garnish
- Additional margarine or butter, at room temperature, and honey, as desired
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
3. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut margarine into dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add raisins, mixing well.
4. In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk, butter flavor, and vanilla extract; stir into dry ingredients just until well mixed.
5. Knead dough 3-4 times on a floured surface. Pat or roll to a ¾-inch thickness and cut with a 2-inch diameter floured biscuit cutter. Re-roll dough scraps and cut additional scones.
6. Arrange scones on a lightly greased baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle scones lightly with additional pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve warm with margarine and honey.