Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 oz. (4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups walnuts, toasted and finely ground
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup raspberry jam or preserves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter and walnuts on medium speed until soft and light, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the confectioners sugar and vanilla until combined. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
5. Roll the dough into 1¼-inch balls, and place them about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press your thumb into the middle of each dough ball to create a well for the jam. Spoon about ½ tsp. of jam into each.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Makes about 48 cookies.