Salmon Rotini Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing
Salmon Rotini Salad
- 1¾ cups (4 oz.) cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Celery Flakes (soak in cold water for 5 minutes and drain)
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ cup red pepper, cut into 1 x ¼-inch strips
- ⅓ cup radishes, sliced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) red or pink salmon, drained, cartilage and bone removed
- Lemon-dill dressing (see below)
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- Honeydew melon wedges, pineapple chunks and strawberries for garnish
- ¼ cup Sauer's Mayonnaise or Duke's Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bottled ranch-style dressing
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Dill Weed
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse immediately with cold water; drain. Place in a large bowl.
2. Add oil, onion powder, lemon-pepper seasoning and celery flakes.
3. To prepare cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut each half into ¼-inch thick slices.
4. Add cucumber, pepper strips and radishes to pasta.
5. In small bowl, combine lemon-dill dressing ingredients. Add to pasta mix and blend well.
6. Break salmon into bite size pieces. Add to pasta mix and blend.
7. To serve, arrange lettuce on salad plates. Spoon salmon-rotini mixture onto the lettuce. Garnish with honeydew, pineapple and strawberries.