Seven Pepper Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 8 cups peeled and grated sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Sauer’s Seven Pepper Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
1. Place the grated sweet potatoes onto a paper towel. Use another paper towel to pat dry and remove as much excess moisture as you can. Place the grated potatoes into a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and Seven Pepper Seasoning and toss to coat.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Swirl the pan to coat it in the butter. When the butter stops foaming, sprinkle about ⅓ of the shredded sweet potato all over the surface in a thin single layer. Sprinkle all over with salt and then use a spatula to press down. After about 3-4 minutes or when the potatoes get crisp, flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes more.
3. Once the potatoes are done, transfer them to a plate. Repeat this process until all of the potatoes are cooked. Serve hot.