Southern-Style Pork Barbecue
1. Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Trim fat from pork roast.
3. Rub roast with salt and pepper; arrange meat over onions.
4. Add bay leaf, thyme leaves, and celery seeds to cooker. Pour barbecue sauce over roast.
5. Cover and cook at low setting for 8-10 hours or at high setting for 4-5 hours.
6. Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to stand for 15 minutes; slice or dice to desired size.
7. Remove excess fat from sauce; add desired amount of sauce to minced pork and stir to mix well.
8. For sliced pork, spoon sauce over slices. Remove bay leaf before serving.