Spiced Glazed Ham
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Prepare your precooked smoked ham by slashing cross-hatches through the fat/skin with a sharp knife. Stick whole cloves through the skin about 1 inch apart.
3. Place ham in preheated oven on a foil lined baking pan and bake following the directions on the package or until a meat thermometer registers 130°F.
4. Mix together the ingredients for the glaze until a medium-thick glaze is formed – use more mustard if necessary. Spread glaze onto the clove-stuck ham.
5. Put back in the oven and bake until the glaze is bubbling and has formed a crust. Watch carefully as sugar glaze can burn easily.
6. While ham is cooking, combine apricots, water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Add pears to saucepan and cook until heated through.
9. When ham is done, place on a serving platter and garnish with apricots and pears.