Spicy Corn Chile Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Chili Powder
- 1½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter or lard, melted
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, chopped and drained
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into 12 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin tins.
2. Sift all dry ingredients, except cornmeal, into a large mixing bowl. Add cornmeal and combine thoroughly. Make a well in the center.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and butter.
4. Pour liquid into the well of dry ingredients. Mix lightly. Fold corn and chiles into mixture.
5. Spoon batter into muffin tins and place cream cheese pieces on the top of each.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.