Stir-Together Seafood Salad
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Dill Weed
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Onion Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Sauer's Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. salt or to taste
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tsp. Sauer's Instant Celery Flakes
- Cold water as needed
- ¾ cup Sauer's Mayonnaise or Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- Sliced green onions (include some green tops), cantaloupe wedges, and peeled kiwi slices for garnish
- 12 oz. medium (36-40 count) shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and tails removed (see note)
- 8 oz. lump crab meat (see note)
- 1¾ cups (4 oz.) uncooked small pasta seashells
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
1. Prepare shrimp. Pick over crab meat, removing any shell or cartilage.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse immediately with cold water; drain.
3. Place pasta in a large bowl; add peas and sweet red pepper.
4. In a small bowl, combine the first 5 marinade ingredients; gradually whisk in oil with a wire whisk. Pour over pasta and vegetables and mix well; marinate for 15 minutes.
5. Place celery flakes in a small bowl; cover with cold water.
6. Allow to stand for 10 minutes; drain off water.
7. Add celery, shrimp, and crab meat, mayonnaise, and lemon pepper seasoning to pasta; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates; spoon pasta mixture onto lettuce leaves, dividing evenly. If desired, garnish with sliced green onions and surround each serving with cantaloupe and kiwi.
*To cook shrimp, place 1½ cups water, ¼ cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon Sauer’s Pickling Spice and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add raw shrimp; cover and simmer 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Do not overcook.
*Eight ounces of sea legs or imitation crab may be used in place of the crab meat.