Tangy BBQ Baked Beans
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (14 oz.) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 meaty ham bone
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Sauer’s Barbecue Grill Seasoning
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In a large oven-safe pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the navy beans, ham bone, sugar, barbecue grill seasoning, molasses and ketchup and bring to a low simmer.
4. Cover the beans, place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
5. After cooking time has expired, remove the beans from the oven. Transfer the ham bone to a plate, use a fork to scrape any remaining meat off the bone and stir it back into the bean mixture. Add the apple cider vinegar and stir again to incorporate. Serve hot.