- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sauer's Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sauer's Ground Cumin
- 2 (35 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¾ cup chicken or turkey stock
- 2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp. Sauer's Oregano Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Sauer's Onion Salt (more if desired to taste)
- ½ tsp. Sauer's Black Pepper
- 3-4 cups of shredded, cooked turkey meat
- Sugar (optional)
1. In a large 8-quart pot, cook the onion and green bell pepper in olive oil over medium high heat, stirring about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin and stir for about 1-2 minutes more. Add a bit more olive oil if needed.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, beans, oregano, onion salt, pepper, and cooked turkey meat.
4. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for an hour. Salt to taste. Add 1-3 tsp. of sugar if desired.
Suggested toppings are shredded cheddar cheese, chopped red onion, cilantro, and sour cream.