- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus more for coating
- 1½ tsp. Sauer's Almond Extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups minced walnuts
- 2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter and ½ cup powdered sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in extract, salt and walnuts, then mix in flour. If dough is not firm, chill until firm enough to hold its shape.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bottom edges begin to brown.
5. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes and then roll cookies in a bowl of powdered sugar to coat.
6. Set aside to fully cool.